Old March 27th 09, 06:23 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the world within 12 years

In message , at 07:33:48 on Fri, 27 Mar
2009, "/" remarked:
BA own 10% of Eurostar UK. I don't know what proportion of the
Eurostar trains are operated by Eurostar UK (rather than the
equivalent Belgian and French companies), but all the ones I get
to/from Brussels seem to have French speaking crew.

That's odd. One wouldn't expect the Belgian Railways to solely put
French speaking crew on their Eurostars...

Even the front of house staff at St Pancras are predominantly French
speakers, as far as I can tell (I changed a ticket at the office, tried
to buy a Brussels metro card at the enquiries desk in the departure
lounge, etc). Their English varies from good to gruesome (but is better
then my French, so I can't complain).