Old March 27th 09, 10:24 AM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the world within 12 years

"Martin Edwards" wrote

How about Grantham? That would annoy the old bat.

If we'd had a PM in the 1980s who had a positive rather than negative
outlook on railways (and who did not think instinctively that any French or
German policy was by definition nuts) we might have got a HSL from London to
Birmingham and Manchester instead of the WCML PUG, which would have been
much better value for money.

Peter