Old March 27th 09, 05:29 PM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roger Lynn Roger Lynn is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the worldwithin 12 years

[I think this is only on topic in uk.railway. Followups set.]

On 27/03/09 07:03, Martin Edwards wrote:
Roger Lynn wrote:
On 25/03/09 20:22, Lüko Willms wrote:
-- the other one leaving central London to the East, stopping at
Stratfort Int'l, then turning North with a station at Stanstead
airport, Cambridge, and then Leeds.

You've missed out both the East Midlands and South Yorkshire.

How about Grantham? That would annoy the old bat.

What about it? It's my home town. It's lucky to have the rail service
that it has. When I lived in Gateshead it was a brilliant journey home.
I don't expect a new high speed line to stop there though, but the East
Midlands as a whole (which includes Nottingham, Leicester, Derby and
numerous other towns) should have a station, as should South Yorkshire
(and south County Durham/north North Yorkshire).

Roger