Old March 28th 09, 02:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] andypurk@gmail.com is offline

Default West Anglia Main Line Progress Report - DfT

On Mar 28, 11:04*am, Uncle Toby wrote:
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:27:04 -0700 (PDT), Mr Thant

wrote:
On Mar 27, 7:26*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
I will take a look but I do cross over the line at least twice every day
at Tottenham Hale and I have specifically checked when going past on
GOBLIN and it looks extremely tight.

Go and stand on the southbound platform at Tottenham Hale and you'll
notice there's a massive gap between the back wall of the platform and
the boundary fence. I think the bridge carrying Ferry Lane is also
wide enough.

But hasn't the Ferry Lane estate just south of the bridge pinched some
of the old alignment?

I think that Jarrow Road has nicked the trackbed under the GOBLIN line
bridge, but otherwise the trackbed is still available, there is a
short tarmaced bit under the Ferry Lane bridge, but it doesn't look
like it is used for vehicles. . I would hope that Network Rail was
made sure that there is sufficient space for any needed platforms at
Tottenham Hale when other developments have been agreed.

See the satelite view he

http://maps.google.co.uk/?
ie=UTF8&ll=51.58803,-0.059776&spn=0.00222,0.003401&t=h&z=18