Old March 29th 09, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] tshanazt@aol.com is offline

Default Buses that terminate short: procedure to be adopted

On 29 Mar, 15:01, " wrote:
It's just that I like things to be done the CORRECT way. And, if the
driver was just too lazy to print out transfer tickets for every one,
as I suspect he was obliged, then him waiting there for 20 minutes, at
possibly his incovenience (since he could not go up to the Lillie
Bridge turning point for coffee or a smoke) is no skin off my nose.

Yes but for every jobsworth, pedant, whatever, that wants things done
in what they perceive as the CORRECT fashion there tends to be another
dozen that just want to be on their way with the minimum of formality
to compound an already delayed journey. A much more common scenario is
for a bus to be turned short because another is "on its tail". Under
these circs is it still your preference that a separate ticket be
generated for maybe 30 transferees (by which time the other bus) will
potentially be heading off into the horizon?

He got no abuse from me, but several of the other passengers gave him an
earful for making us wait on a freezing cold night for another bus at
all! *Although I would never abuse a bus driver, that he was made to
feel uncomfortable by the other passengers, sharing our misery in
waiting on a freezing night, is fine with me.

The decision to turn the bus short would not have been a unilateral
one made by the driver. The reaction he got directly or tacitly is a
good example of the sort of reason why fewer and fewer people are
prepared to do bus driving long-term.

--
gordon