Old March 29th 09, 03:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default Buses that terminate short: procedure to be adopted

Gordon,

Of course I understand the decision to terminate early was not the
driver's unilateral decision, but the decision not to issue individual
tickets was.

Obviously, there was no bus on his tail - if there were, the scenario
I described would not have arisen. It is precisely because there was
no 28 bus behind that the issue arose. If there was, as has often
happened, we would all just have traipsed onto it, pointing dejectedly
to the bus we had just been ejected from.

Eric,

I appreciate what you say, but supposing I only wanted to travel one
more stop, so got onto a 391 (several of which were following)
together with my "ticket", where would that have left the other dozen
passengers who had to wait, as it turns out, a further 20 minutes for
another 28?

Marc.