Old April 1st 09, 09:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Broad Street station

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:18:10 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

Certainly seems underused. Though what surprises me is they closed the whole
branch. I don't see why they didn't keep perhaps a single platform low cost
low maintenance station a few hundred metres back up the line after the main
station had been demolished to make way for Broadgate.

Running it into Liverpool St made more sense, as they indeed did,
though this didn't for whatever reasons prove successful.

Neil

--
Neil Williams