Old April 1st 09, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the world within 12 ye

In article ,
(Sarah Brown) wrote:

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message
,
at 03:29:01 on Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Mizter T
remarked:
but you won't find that 10pm rush hour penetrating as far as
Intercity services. Most major London termini are deserted from 8pm
onwards.

No they're not - e.g. King's Cross, Liverpool Street, London Bridge,
Charing Cross, Waterloo, Victoria are all far from deserted after 8pm.

Different definitions of "deserted" perhaps.

As I'm sure you're aware, there are plenty of trains leaving KX after
8pm which are standing-room only.

Not many fasts to Cambridge IME. The 19:15 fills quite well but I've never
failed to find a seat and see few standing passengers.

--
Colin Rosenstiel