Old April 1st 09, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Broad Street station

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 03:57:17 -0700 (PDT)
Mizter T wrote:
to the north of the NLL alignment - if ELLX trains were to run up to
Canonbury they'd have to cross the NLL passenger and freight tracks on
the level, i.e. a massively conflicting movement.

Last time I used the NLL I didn't notice trains queuing up on the tracks.
More like people queueing up waiting for anything to show up so I can't
see how a train once every 10 or 15 minutes or so crossing a few other
tracks would cause much if any conflict. Even if the full service couldn't
have run as far as finsbury I don't see why a reduced service couldn't have
continued from highbury. Surely better than the inevitable sardine
situation thats going to happen on the Moorgate and Victoria lines once the
northern ELLX opens.

Anyway, you speak about it being "utterly absurd this wasn't forced
through" - well the fact the whole ELLX project has actually happened
is amazing enough. Trying to add a very expensive extra such as a

True, it does seem to be one occasion when the tight fisted bean counters
at the treasury weren't paying attention for once and this project slipped
through.

B2003