Old April 2nd 09, 09:58 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
TimB TimB is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the worldwithin 12 years

On Apr 1, 8:11 pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:30:00 on Wed, 1
Apr 2009, Sarah Brown remarked:

but you won't find that 10pm rush hour penetrating as far as Intercity
services. Most major London termini are deserted from 8pm onwards.

No they're not - e.g. King's Cross, Liverpool Street, London Bridge,
Charing Cross, Waterloo, Victoria are all far from deserted after 8pm.

Different definitions of "deserted" perhaps.

As I'm sure you're aware, there are plenty of trains leaving KX after
8pm which are standing-room only.

I'm not aware of that (are we perhaps talking about the last train on a
Friday night)? In any event, one full train - perhaps 8 or even fewer
coaches - doesn't generate enough footfall to make a big station like
that "not deserted".

You must be thinking of a different Kings Cross - the one in Sydney
perhaps?
Tim