Old April 2nd 09, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Broad Street station

On Apr 1, 1:03*pm, "tim....." wrote:
"Jack Taylor" wrote in message

tim..... wrote:
"zen83237" wrote in message
.. .

And what about the trains that used to come from the Great Northern
lines.

These were removed before my time. *My Baker from the period just
before BS was closed, shows this route as not possible at that time.

Really? It would still be possible today. Head up the GN, turn left at
Finsbury Park, up Canonbury curve, then east down the North London line
and branch off at Dalston up to Broad Street.

According to my map, the road from Canonbury Curve had no connection to the
NLL until beyond Dalston Junction.

It could still be like that today (as there is no Dalston Junction to check
against)

That's why they were proposing Finsbury Park as a terminus for some ELLX
services at one time.

This line is a complete rebuild (albeit on an old right of way), any
suggested service for this new build proves nothing about what was there
before

tim

My 1975 London's Railways map shows services from Broad Street to
Finsbury Park via Dalston Junction.