Old April 2nd 09, 10:41 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
TimB TimB is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the worldwithin 12 years

On Apr 2, 11:07 am, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
02:58:43 on Thu, 2 Apr 2009, TimB remarked:

As I'm sure you're aware, there are plenty of trains leaving KX after
8pm which are standing-room only.

I'm not aware of that (are we perhaps talking about the last train on a
Friday night)? In any event, one full train - perhaps 8 or even fewer
coaches - doesn't generate enough footfall to make a big station like
that "not deserted".

You must be thinking of a different Kings Cross - the one in Sydney
perhaps?

Do they also have "standing room only" trains leaving after 8pm?

There's a difference between 'not deserted' and 'standing room only'.
Tim