Old April 2nd 09, 02:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
No Name

Default Victoria Line - always DOO?

wrote in message ...
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 13:03:13 +0100
Uncle Toby wrote:
Unusually for the time, there were no side doors to the drivers cabs
on 1967 TS, probably for similar reasons (press the buttons, train
starts moving, try to get out for some reason and wind up half inside
and half on the platform at Seven Sisters). ISTR that when 1960TS

Presumably they credit the current central line drivers with a bit more
self preservation instinct. Either that or the cab doors are interlocked
with the ATO.

There does not appear to be any sort of circuit for the cab doors on Central
Line trains as I have seen drivers depart with them open many a time. I
would believe that drivers close them as soon as they enter the tunnels ,
despite there being little to no danger, because of the noise and dust.

I imagine that it;s nice to have the cab door open in the spring when
running on surface level, but then drivers probably risk having something
thrown at them. Either that or operating rules require it to be closed.