Old December 17th 03, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Oliver Keating Oliver Keating is offline

Default Omg! Yet more strikes

I have had enough. London Underground workers are going on strike and
affecting millions of people because they think one of their collegues was
unfairly dismissed.

I think its about time that we had a serious look at union powers, I think
the LU Unions are too powerful. How on earth can a bunch of 600 drivers be
paid around £30k/year for what is essentially a low-skilled job?

I really have had enough. We need some changes in the law, this is no longer
about workers rights, this is about the rights of Londoners not to be held
to ransom by a small minority, who now seem to use *any* excuse to go on
strike.

Sack the lot of 'em!