Old April 2nd 09, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] paul.oter@googlemail.com is offline

Default Drain "partially suspeneded"?

On 2 Apr, 11:26, Mizter T wrote:
On Apr 2, 9:14*am, wrote:

[snip]

I see it was still saying "Suspended" last night. Was that a G20
precaution or is the leak problem still going on?

Not a precaution so much as an inevitability - Bank station was closed
for much of the day as it was right in the middle of the protests
outside the Bank of England yesterday. All lines were non-stopping,
except of course for the W&C which just wasn't running at all.

I think Monument station remained open however - of course there is
currently no interchange between Bank and Monument anyway so that
would have made things a bit simpler.

You can get *from* Bank (Northern line) *to* Monument (I did it this
morning on my way to work), but the exit would have been overwhelmed
if the Bank exit had been closed as well.

PaulO