Old December 17th 03, 12:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Oliver Keating Oliver Keating is offline

Default Fuel cell bus?

"Fossil" wrote in message
I was driving down Mile End around 12:30pm yesterday and saw a fuel cell

bus
pass in the opposite direction. On the front was H2O where the number

should
be and their was white smoke/vapour coming out of the top.

So when are these coming out?

I saw the Mercedes fuel-cell bus, reputed to cost £3million.

Of course, if production were to be rolled out I expect the unit cost could
be greatly reduced., but there is a bit of chicken and egg, as manufacturers
can only offer reasonable prices once they start recieving big orders, but
big orders will only come when they have reasonable prices.

Regards,

Fossil