Old April 2nd 09, 08:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] tshanazt@aol.com is offline

Default Victoria Line - always DOO?

On 2 Apr, 17:35, Jeremy Double wrote:
rail wrote:
In message
* * * * * "Chris Read" wrote:

So, was the Victoria line one person operated from the outset, or did the
screens serve some other purpose, and if so, what?

Yes it was. *Train operation was completely automatic so the 'driver'
operated the doors and pressed a button to start the train and let it get on
with it.

I visited the Victoria line depot in the early 80s when I was a student,
and I remember the details of the train starting sequence.

Do the train operators require to drive manually on occasion in order
to keep in practice and if so is this done as part of normal service
operation pretty much at a time of the drivers' own choosing?

--
gordon