Old April 2nd 09, 09:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John Ray[_2_] John Ray[_2_] is offline

Default Victoria Line - always DOO?

peter wrote:
I was a teenager in London when the Victoria line opened, and I can
remember how disconcerting it was to see a train enter the station
with the "driver" sitting back and not touching any of the controls
(or turning and talking to his mate) - yes, they were all men then and
by memory there were often two of them in the drivers cab.

Peter

I remember, on one occasion, seeing the "driver" reading a newspaper as
the train entered the platform.

--
John Ray