Old April 3rd 09, 12:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Annual Travelcards

On Apr 2, 4:24*pm, James Farrar wrote:
Do annual Travelcards on Oyster need photocards? If so, do the grippers
ever ask to see them?

No, and therefore no.

I wonder because I have one, but have never been asked for it.

Originally if you wanted a season Travelcard on Oyster you needed to
have an accompanying photocard, and have that photocard associated
with your Oyster card (i.e. have the photocard number loaded on the
Oyster card).

At some point in the not too recent past, the requirement to have a
photocard when buying a weekly Travelcard or Bus Pass was ditched, so
there was a period when you only needed a photocard associated with
your Oyster card if you were buying a monthly or longer Travelcard or
Bus Pass. Then more recently the requirement to have a photocard
associated with your Oyster card when buying season Travelcards and
Bus Passes was ditched altogether.

I guess I could try and piece together the exact timeline at some
point, but I don't know it off the top of me head.