Old April 3rd 09, 12:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Annual Travelcards

On Apr 2, 5:26*pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote:

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:00:02 -0700 (PDT), Ganesh Sittampalam

wrote:
I first got an annual Oyster travelcard in March 2007 and have never
had a
photocard for it (or been asked to show one).

I was only ever asked once by a bus driver to show the photocard that
goes with my outboundary (paper) monthly. *I've never seen a bus
driver ask an Oyster holder for a photocard.

Notionally they should inspect your paper Travelcard and check the
photocard number matches that of your photocard (in reality it's only
the expiry date that'll get a look nowadays, along with sight of the
word "Travelcard" if the ticket stock is the standard orange bordered
rail ticket). But thorough checks like this never really happened even
if the days of yore when everyone with even a weekly season ticket had
a photocard - however back then they would at least want sight of your
photocard as well as your Travelcard/ Bus Pass. Do you not even flash
them your photocard these days? During those times I've had a monthly
paper Travelcard I flashed both the Travelcard and photocard at them.