Old April 3rd 09, 12:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
ANDREW ROBERT BREEN ANDREW ROBERT BREEN is offline

Default Victoria Line - always DOO?

In article ,
Recliner wrote:
"Stimpy" wrote in message
.co.uk
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 20:39:55 +0100, Recliner wrote

And I can't remember when I last saw a first generation Ford Escort
from the same era.

My mate a mile up the valley from here has one in his garage.

Of course, if it spends most/all of its time in his garage it rather
proves my point about any other surviving 1960s machines being treated
as preserved equipment, rather than being in full-time use like the 1967
stock.

The two-three around here seem to be - mostly - in daily use (well, I see
one of 'em most days, and t'others whenever I go to their spheres of
activity), plus weekly motorsport outings. I'd reckon that's a tougher life
than most family cars get (though the Escorts will be getting regular
fettling too, bois y rally being tinkerers all).

--
Andy Breen ~ Not speaking on behalf of the University of Wales, Aberystwyth

"Who dies with the most toys wins" (Gary Barnes)