Old April 3rd 09, 01:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
ANDREW ROBERT BREEN ANDREW ROBERT BREEN is offline

Default Victoria Line - always DOO?

In article ,
John Nuttall wrote:
"Christopher A. Lee" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:17:19 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Apr 2, 9:15 pm, Jeremy Double wrote:

A European Safety directive I believe, which required the fitting of
safety slides (even though the passenger door is only 4ft above the
ground) and oxygen masks (even though it is an unpressurised airliner
and never flies high enough to require oxygen)!

Yet the Air Atlantique Dragon Rapide continues ...

Under the threshold for no. of seats (12, I think, is where the new regs
kick in).

I always had a soft spot for these. I never flew in one but they were
old even when I was a small boy. I saw them at both Heathrow and St.
Just on the hols in Corwall.

I flew in the Air Atlantique one in 1996. Front seat (slightly further back
than the pilot, 1000 ft above the Warwickshire countryside with the window
open. Marvellous!

Beautiful, beautiful aeroplanes. /Must/ get a flight in one soon.

And they're on topic for UK.R: Railway Air Services operated Dragons and
Rapides in the 30s.

--
Andy Breen ~ Not speaking on behalf of the University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Feng Shui: an ancient oriental art for extracting