Old April 3rd 09, 02:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] d7666@hotmail.com is offline

Default Victoria Line - always DOO?

On Apr 3, 1:34 pm, "Recliner" wrote:

Viscounts, all of which appear to be long gone, alas.

The experience wasn't helped by the steady trickle of oil flowing out of
the number 1 Dart engine

I moved to Luton in 1987.

Before then I took no interest in aircraft, never flown until then.
Luton was new job, international travel, flying. Started taking
interest in planes. Discovered Viscounts fron Luton airpirt to Dublin
and Maastricht, did some trips on both, incl. day trips to Dublin, and
one LHR-IOM return trip. IIRC almost every flight there was a oil
flowing out engines, a small thin brown trail in a neat air swept line
along the engine nacelle. I just thought it was a Dart characteristic.

--
Nick