Old April 4th 09, 11:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default new Stratford London Overground platforms

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 04:49:29 -0500,

wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:43:11 -0700 (PDT), Martin Petrov
wrote:

Apologies if it's already been posted, but I haven't spotted if it
is - I noticed on the way back from work today that the London
Overground platforms will be opening on Wed 15th April. A *
slightly* odd date, but perhaps they want to give themselves a
day after the Easter Weekend engineering works to make sure they
don't over run etc.

This press release gives further details.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/11476.aspx

That says "The platforms which are part of the station's redevelopment
for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games will be brought into
service on the evening of Tuesday 14 April."

Well yes - I suspect the reference to the 15th refers to the first full
day of service at the new platforms while the 14th is a complete hotch
potch of restricted service and varying platform use throughout the day.
I saw the notices at Stratford last weekend but didn't actually read
them as I rarely use the NLL from there and I know that the service is
going to move after the Easter break.

:-)

--
Colin Rosenstiel