Old April 5th 09, 07:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tony Polson[_2_] Tony Polson[_2_] is offline

Default Victoria Line - always DOO?

wrote:

On Apr 4, 9:39 pm, Tony Polson wrote:

Argosy

Idle curiosity, what route and when [or was it a military flight ?].

I didn't keep notes, so from memory I think the route was probably Lydd
to Le Touquet and this would have been in the 1962-65 period. It was a
scheduled flight, either by BEA or a subsidiary. The return trip was by
ferry. My grandfather did a lot of work with BEA and the family got
some cheap fares with that airline and its subsidiaries, especially
Cambrian Airways.

I assume you mean the 1950/1960s AW Argosy pass/cargo twin fuselage
4xDart device

That's the one. The nose of the fuselage opened to allow vehicles to be
loaded on and off via ramps. As a small boy I found it absolutely
fascinating.