Old April 6th 09, 10:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default St Pancras Low Level

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

wrote:
"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message

,
writes

I was standing at St Pancras Low Level the other day and saw that
from the Northern end of the platforms you can see a couple of bored
tunnels. One is to the left of the Midland line and the other is to
the right. Both are fenced off and neither has track laid.

Would I be right in thinking that these are the eventual connections
to the ECML?

Yes

Where would eventual destinations be, should they connect SPILL with
ECML? Will all connections always use EMU stock or is there the
eventual possibility of locomotive-drawn stock?

Peterborough, Cambridge, Kings Lynn, Hertford East and all points
inbetween - basically as per FCC/GN.

Er, Hertford North maybe but certainly not Hertford East!

Almost bound to be limited to the Thameslink specific 8 or 12 car
fixed formation units, as they will be dual voltage, have high
acceleration, and have the ATO required for the core route between
StP and Blackfriars. Running any form of stock with different
performance, and especially without metro style doors, would wreck
the timetable.

So not the IEP half trains planned for Lynn?

--
Colin Rosenstiel