Old April 7th 09, 01:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sarah Brown Sarah Brown is offline

Default St Pancras Low Level

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 03:56:22
on Tue, 7 Apr 2009, remarked:
I think a plausible scenario is:
- Cambridge/King's Lynn/Peterborough fasts: 5+5 car IEP to King'sCross
- Cambridge semi-fast/Welwyn stopping services: 12-car Thameslink
- Hertford Loop: High-frequency semi-segregated service to Moorgate

So no useful Cambridge-Gatwick services after all. :-(

What's wrong with the semi-fasts? The Gatwick services are going to be
pretty slow from SPILL to Gatwick, so adding a few minutes north of
SPILL isn't the end of the world.

That's what I figure. The semi-fasts still beat the next fast, so
having the fasts terminate at Kings Cross and sending the semi-fasts
and slows through Thameslink seems like a good compromise.

Whether we'll ever see trains from Cambride use SPILL in our lifetimes
is a different matter.