Old April 7th 09, 03:09 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] adrian_auerhudson@yahoo.com is offline

Default London: Oyster Card & British Rail

On Apr 7, 3:27*am, Ben Birkner wrote:
I'm a bit confused on the information received through the TfL
website: On the one side they state that the 7-Day Oyster Card can be
used on British Rail, provided you'll keep within the zones you've
paid for. "My" station would be Lewisham, zone 2, so this station
should be covered by my Travelcard which covers zone 1-2.

Britich who!? There has not been a "British Rail" for more than a
decade.

On the other side, their map of the railway stations covered by Oyster
Card excludes this station. After checking various websites on this
subject, my assumption is that Lewisham station is included in my
Oyster Travelcard, but I can't use the card for any pay-as-you-go
movements on Southeastern, e.g. to Blackheath.

Am I right? Thanks for any background information.

Ben

Abi's answer is good.