Old April 7th 09, 05:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default St Pancras Low Level

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
On Apr 7, 11:17 am, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at
03:56:22 on Tue, 7 Apr 2009, remarked:

I think a plausible scenario is:
- Cambridge/King's Lynn/Peterborough fasts: 5+5 car IEP to
King's Cross
- Cambridge semi-fast/Welwyn stopping services: 12-car Thameslink
- Hertford Loop: High-frequency semi-segregated service to Moorgate

So no useful Cambridge-Gatwick services after all. :-(

What's wrong with the semi-fasts? The Gatwick services are going to
be pretty slow from SPILL to Gatwick, so adding a few minutes north
of SPILL isn't the end of the world.

The Thameslink services are going to be non-stop from London Bridge to
East Croydon, then non-stop again to Gatwick - so what makes them
pretty slow south of SPILL, the trudge through the 'Thameslink core'?
I'm kind of expecting that the core section will pick up some speed
after (at least some of) the works have been done.

The eventual KO2 work to provide dedicated through routes west of,
at, and east of London Bridge should also make things speed up a
bit; however the journey should still be fairly attractive compared
with a trip on the tube to Victoria, especially with luggage -
unless you conveniently ignore all the underground walking time,
and assume all the connections are instant...

I'm basing current estimates on observation. I got a TL train from
Brighton only to meet arriving at the same time as me at King's Cross
someone who had left Brighton after me and taken the tube from Victoria.

--
Colin Rosenstiel