Old April 7th 09, 11:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Woolwich Ferry.

On Apr 7, 11:59*pm, "Tim Roll-Pickering" T.C.Roll-
wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
Of course the ferry offers rather better views than the
glazed white tiles of the tunnel!

Has anyone ever attempted to romanticise the journey a la Staten Island, or
would that be a task too far?

I've never come across anything like that, but I remember it feeling
quite romantic when I used it in the fresh early morning of a summer's
day a while back - the glistening Thames Barrier, the gleaming towers
of the Docklands in the distance, the seagulls swooping over the river
etc! I was glad I hadn't gone 'through the pipe' (the Blackwall
Tunnel) on that occasion. I doubt it's quite so much fun during the
rush hour!