Old April 8th 09, 07:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default Tube departure boards

martin wrote:
Why can http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...de=WGN&Go =Go
tell me when the next three Westbound trains are due at Wood Green,
but the board on the platform only tells me the destination of the
next train as it's pulling into the platform?

(In anticipation of the above link breaking, see also http://tinyurl.com/cemshc
)

I asked LUL a similar question a couple of years ago. Turnpike Lane also
shows just one Westbound train only once it has left Wood Green.
Apparently because trains can be turned round at Wood Green, they get
slotted in trains between trains originating further back (i.e.
Cockfosters etc.) Consequently the departure boards only reflect
destinations once they have departed Wood Green.

--
Phil Richards, London, UK
3,600+ railway photos since 1980 at: