Old April 12th 09, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] slssfw@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default FAO Ticket staff at Wanstead Tube station

Thank you very much for trying to explain to me yesterday ( Saturday
11th April) that the z2-6 cap does not exist for National Railcard
holders. I respect the fact that you have been in ticketing for 10
years but your sources of information seem incorrect. As I stated to
you yesterday in previous years I have benefited from the z2-6 cap
and it was not "luck" or "system error" that I received this cap.
Oyster does allow for this cap. I include details.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresa...ares/6769.aspx

Key points from above :

Holders of the following National Rail Railcards can benefit from
discounted daily price capping:

* Disabled Persons
* HM Forces
* Senior
* 16-25

Railcard :
Journeys
in zones: Peak Off Peak

Zones 1-2 £6.70 £3.35
Zones 1-3 £8.10 £3.80
Zones 1-4 £9.50 £3.80
Zones 1-5 £12.10 £4.60
Zones 1-6 £14.30 £4.60
Zones 1-9 £15.70 £5.60
Zones 1-8 + Watford Junction £17.50 £8.55
Zone 2 £6.70 £3.00
Zones 2-3 £8.10 £3.00
Zones 2-6 £8.50 £3.00
Zones 2-9 £10.10 £3.35
Zones 2-8 + Watford Junction £12.10 £4.65

As you can see there is a z2-6 Off Peak cap of £3.00 for NR Railcard
holders. I suggest that you raise a point with your superiors as it
seems their training process is not as thorough as it should be. Also
I am very surprised that having worked in ticketing for 10 years that
you thought Shepherds Bush was a Z1 station where in fact it is a Z2
station. ;-)

Happy Easter

uc