Old April 13th 09, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default FAO Ticket staff at Wanstead Tube station

wrote:
On 12 Apr, 12:40, wrote:

The gloating staff then proceeded to taunt me infront of
customers by saying , "See you can't find it can you, because it
doesn't exist. I've been working in tickets offices for 10 years I
know this and that etc etc etc ..." The whole spectacle was carried
out in public and hence, I did find it quite offensive, belittling and
somewhat humiliating as I'm sure many people would.

There are pockets of poorly trained staff in any huge organisation. I had a
'difficult' discussion with a member of LU counter staff at Waterloo
(Jubilee) a couple of years ago, when trying to fathom out a maximum cash
fare. She was totally unwilling to believe that there was such a thing as
LU/NR joint ticketing and PAYG validity in the Stratford - Liverpool St
area, despite it being perfectly clear in the (then valid) Oyster leaflet.

Paul S