Old April 14th 09, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default District curiosity today

In message ,
writes

Sitting at Acton Town on a Piccadilly train today I was a bit surprised to
see a District train pull up for High St Kensington. was this special
service for the Easter engineering works? I can't say i've seen any Ealing
Broadway to High St trains before.

All trains from the west were terminating at Embankment due to
engineering works. I can't see it being able to cope with all the
trains that would normally be terminating at Tower Hill/Upminster so
some would need to go somewhere else. HSK is a logical one.

I pass a lot when I'm working early mornings as trains from Ealing
Common depot reverse at HSK to go to Wimbledon.