Old April 14th 09, 07:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
mileburner mileburner is offline

Default Cyclists allowed to run red lights?

neverwas wrote:
It seems reasonable to me. Though if they restrict it to cyclists,
the usual whinging will come from the motoring lobby who get ****ed
off when they don't have equal rights to cyclists.

The answer is, get a bike. And STFU :-)

And the other part of that answer is for pedestrians to be allowed by
law to carry golfing umbrellas, stout walking sticks etc and to insert
them in the spokes of the wheels of cyclists who jump the lights, ride
on pavements etc. After all, the cyclists in question can't possibly
believe that it would do them any harm as they make clear they believe
they are a superior race.

Probably not a bad idea.

If they got all the cyclists off the pavements and onto the roads, the roads
would be safer for everyone. But then again the motorists would be bitching
that they are being held up by all these cyclists who shouldn't be there...

As my mother used to say, "be careful of what you wish for, because you
might actually get it" :-)