Old April 14th 09, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Marc[_2_] Marc[_2_] is offline

Default Cyclists allowed to run red lights?

Roger Thorpe wrote:
Snipped - attributions may be wrong
Brimstone wrote:
Marz wrote:
On Apr 14, 2:16 pm, "pk" wrote:
"Ian F." wrote in message
"Graculus" wrote in message
I'm a cyclist, but am more than willing to shoulder charge any
cyclist who cycles across a crossing while I have the green man.

pk
Risky, I'm 16 stone and I average 20-21mph on the road. You don't want
to shoulder charge me mate!

If he's 23 stone then you should end up on the floor, with any luck.

I don't think he has to be as heavy as that. Some of us will remember
how a small boy was able to bring down Lance Armstrong. It doesn't need
much of a push on the handlebars to put you on the floor.

Wasn't that because his bars got hooked on a stationary object ( the
boy) by a ligature ( the mussett )?

I think it would have been different if the boy had been in front of
Lance. Unless I'm thinking af a different occasion?