Old April 15th 09, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster Pass

In message , at 15:45:19 on Mon, 13
Apr 2009, MLD remarked:
Are your directions to the ticket hall straight from plane door to the
booth or from baggage pick up? Since I expect that I'll be looking for
the ticket hall after getting the baggage are the directions different
or is it still the basic "follow signs to the Underground??

UK airports have the following flow:

Gate - immigration - baggage reclaim - customs - arrivals hall.

All except the latter are "inside" the closed area. The signs will be
visible when you get to the arrivals hall.

On the plan below, page 2, customs is the unmarked bit between "26" and
the baggage reclaim, the arrivals hall the lighter yellow shaded area.

Astonishingly, the exit to the Underground isn't mentioned on this plan
(perhaps because BAA own the competing Heathrow Express train): maybe
someone can assist from memory.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/asset...eathrow%20down
loads/Static%20files/HeathrowT4_Map_01_09.pdf