Old April 15th 09, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster Pass

On Apr 13, 9:08*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:45:19 -0400, "MLD" wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote:

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:38:47 -0400, "MLD" wrote:

Visited this NG once before and got some good advice. Misplaced some of it
g. *Would someone mind repeating the following:
From Heathrow Terminal 4, where does one go to get a PAYG Oyster Pass.
Following that, the path to the Piccadilly Line.

Look for "Underground" on the yellow signs in the terminal building. You
descend by lift from the arrivals level at T4 and walk down a ramp. This
brings you in to the ticket hall at the tube station.

Don't mean to ask a dumb question, however, having said that one follow up
question,----Are your directions to the ticket hall straight from plane door
to the booth or from baggage pick up? *Since I expect that I'll be looking
for the ticket hall after getting the baggage are the directions different
or is it still the basic "follow signs to the Underground??
I must add, that here in Boston our system is just plain vanilla when
compared to the scope and complexity of yours.

Not quite from plane to train. *Obviously after baggage reclaim you will
pass through Customs and then face 10,000 faces all waving notices
asking if you are Mr Nakawaka or some daft name (meeters and greeters).
Once past this crowd you are in the public side of arrivals level of the
terminal building. *Look on the standard yellow signs with black wording
for "Underground". *Find the lift and *descend then you are at the ramp
as per my earlier post. *There is only way down from arrivals to the
Tube Station and that's via the lifts from the terminal building. You
can use a luggage trolley all the way down in to the tube ticket hall.

googles

If you look at page 2 of this

http://www.heathrowairport.com/asset.../Heathrow%20do...

then you will exit between the two "26s" - from memory you turn right on
exit and walk along the terminal. *You will see a bank of lifts opposite
"number 12" on the plan. *IIRC they are the lifts down to the tube.

An obvious-ish point but I'll make it anyway - don't get distracted by
signs for the "Heathrow Express" or "Heathrow Connect" train services,
these are mainline rail services into London that have premium fares
(and on which Oyster PAYG cannot be used, at least not yet). Just
follow the signs to the "Underground" as Paul says above.