Old December 18th 03, 03:58 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.air,uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Massive Airport expansion announced

(CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North)
wrote the following in:
om

Well, the only method that we can be sure works is by price. A
high price will force users to judge how necessary their flight
is. Just look at the drop in traffic after congestion traffic,
all of these journeys that were "absolutely essential" or "could
not be made any other way" were obvious not essential enough to
warrant £5 expenditure.

Yes but it still stands that a lot of things are un-neccessary and
cause damage. Especially drug taking, smoking and drinking. But I
don't see the liberals and enviromentalists trying to ban these
three.

To be blunt, drug taking, smoking and drinking damage people, and those
people will be dead in a 100 years time. Pollution damages the
environment and in 100 years time it will still be there but quite
possibly in a much worse state than it currently is.

Also, while a person taking drugs is generally affecting only
themselves, environmental damage affects everyone.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

Robin May may be my name, but Robin is my first name.