Old April 16th 09, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
redcat redcat is offline

Default Now I can't top my Oyster card

redcat wrote:
Kadath Dragon wrote:

I got an oyster 2 years ago when in London.
I registered it with my Italian address, putting the postcode of the
hotel I usually stay when in London. Everything is working fine since
then, even the auto top-up activated on an AMEX issued in Italy...

OK, I tried this way and that and I keep getting:

Sorry, we are unable to process your payment at this time. This may be
because:

* Your payment address is incorrect
* Your telephone number is incorrect or has not been specified
* Your payment card will not authorise this transaction

Please ensure the details on your online account match those on your
payment card statement.

If you are unable to identify an error in the payment details you have
submitted, please contact your card issuer.

My "Final Answer":

I tried it every which way, using a London address, using an AmEx, and I
get the same message (as above).

The Oyster is tighter than Fort Knox :-)

Thanks for everyone's help!

cat