Old April 16th 09, 11:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Piccadilly Turnham Green

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, John Salmon wrote:

"Ian Jelf" wrote
I was on a late night Piccadilly Line train which stopped at Turnham Green
the other, er, night.

I've often wondered, what's the story behind that oddity? How did it come
to be a feature of the timetable? (I can think of no parallel elsewhere
on the system, at least not in even remotely recent years.)

I've always liked to imagine that they have adjustable colour-coded
signs there. When the sparse service of Piccadilly Line trains is due,
they change them to blue. When the last Piccadilly train has gone, they
turn'em green.

Oh, i thought the whole point of having the Picc occasionally stop there
was so that in the peaks, it can whizz right past the waiting commuters,
inducing feelings of great envy, and thus turn 'em green.

tom

--
Teach us how to die well