Old April 20th 09, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Piccadilly Turnham Green

John Rowland wrote on 20 April
2009 12:51:57 ...
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
09:31:57 on Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Richard J.
remarked:
Wouldn't it make more sense to get rid of Barons Court on the Picc
and replace it with Turnham Green?
No. Baron's Court has more passengers entering and exiting the
station per year (6.7M) than Turnham Green (5.9M).

That's only slightly more, and I wouldn't be surprised if switching the
Piccadilly Line stopping pattern caused a switch of the figures.

If Barons Court was a little-used station, there might be some merit in
the suggestion that the Picc should stop at Turnham Green instead of at
Barons Court. But it isn't, and those of us who have campaigned for an
all-day stop at TG are not trying to do so by taking away another busy
station's service.

In any case the problem in the short term is the signalling at TG which
is unsuitable for running the peak service reliably if all trains stop
at TG, and the fact that LU are not willing to spend money fiddling with
an old system which is going to be replaced within a few years anyway.
Swapping the situations at TG and Barons Court wouldn't help without
changes to the signalling at *both* locations.

--
Richard J.