Old April 20th 09, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default underground drivers waiting for passengers

On Apr 20, 10:35*am, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Ian F. wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

The timetable.

LOL - like the tube *has* a timetable!

If Kennington Charing Cross branch northbound is anything to go by,
the drivers wait until a Bank train pulls in at the opposite
platform, then wait a tad longer until the Bank train doors open,
then wait for another couple of seconds until we have almost made it
to the train, before shutting the doors and pulling off.

The drivers have been bribed to do that at Kennington by Sofa-Spud...

I've noticed that there now seem to be platform staff guarding the
first set of doors at Bank on the northbound in the rush hour, making
people wait till everyone has got off.

I hope that their role also includes preventing the driver from
shutting the doors just before the last people have stepped off and no
one has got on.