Old December 19th 03, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
MeatballTurbo MeatballTurbo is offline

Default public vs private

In article ,
says...

"MeatballTurbo" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Blackpool Transport is a wholly-owned part of Blackpool Council, IIRC,
operating both trams and buses. They are run as a separate business
in practical terms, however.

Warrington Buses too are independant.

But do they also own the road on which they run on?

Yep, Warrington Busses run and owned by the council as an independant
company, and the council (Local Authority also has responsibility for
the roads) manage roads if not actually own them. Of course we know that
HM the queen owns the roads of this land, and I can't see her getting
into direct competition with stagecoach yet, although the cost of yet
another royal divorce (should one happen) might push her over the edge.

--
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com