Old April 21st 09, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Pyromancer Pyromancer is offline

Default Photography on London Underground - yes, it's allowed

Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Mark Goodge
gently breathed:

I think the last one on that page is the most telling:

We do NOT expect you to risk road camera fines by, for example,
moving in to bus lanes during hours of operation to make way for us.

That is, effectively, saying that making way for an emergency vehicle
is not considered sufficient grounds to challenge an automatically
issued fixed penalty notice from a camera monitored location. Bus
lanes are one common example of such locations, others would be
light-controlled junctions that have red light cameras.

If there was an empty bus lane, I'd expect the emergency vehicle to be
in it already, after all the crew will easily be able to prove they were
answering an emergency call if they get caught on camera.

--
- DJ Pyromancer, Black Sheep, Leeds. http://www.sheepish.net
- Wisefire Promotions, Goth & Metal. http://www.wise-fire.com