Old April 21st 09, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default Oyster time limit - changed again?

"MIG" wrote in message
On Apr 21, 10:44 pm, David Jackman pleasereplytogroup wrote:
Flicking through the 2009 fares leaflet
athttp://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/fares-and-tickets-zones1-6.pdfthe
online version states that:

"Your Tube, DLR, London Overground and National Rail
pay as you go journey must be completed within
a time limit from when you touched in at the start
of your journey. The time limit varies between
70 minutes for the shortest journeys on Monday to
Friday and four hours for some longer journeys on
Sunday. If the time between touching in and touching
out at the end of your journey is more than the time
limit you will be charged more than the Oyster single
fare for your journey. If this happens, you will need
to call the Oyster helpline for assistance."

My printed copy of the leaflet has a fixed time of "two and a half
hours".

When did this change?

David

Dunno, but that seems to be a drastic reduction in the time limit if
the system thinks you haven't gone far enough.

I would have thought that there should have been a louder announcement
than that. I wonder at what point you can go one stop further to get
a cheaper (resolved) fare?

Sounds like it could be an interesting topic for a Freedom of
Information Act request.

Peter Smyth