Old April 22nd 09, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Those protesters again - London stopped - who can we sue?

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 00:15:35 -0700 (PDT), Offramp wrote:

Secondly, road closures are mostly performed by the police in response
to demonstrations, so sue them.

Why are they protesting in Whitehall? Why not protest outside the Sri
Lankan Embassy or, better still, go to Sri Lanka and protest outside
their own government house?

Also, isn't it still illegal to protest outside Parliament? (Not that
I agree with that law, but I'm surprised not to have seen it mentioned
at all in media reports, or in these Usenet threads. The police
certainly used to be very active in enforcing it.)