Old April 22nd 09, 11:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster fares and Shepherd's Bush London Overground ( Revisited )

On Apr 22, 11:32*pm, asdf wrote:

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 03:42:34 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Hi there,
Done some travelling on an old familiar route ( Central Station to NLL
station) and noticed some fare changes. Apologies in advance if this
is old news.

South Ruislip / Greenford ( Central Line) to Camden Road ( NLL / LO)
is now a £2.20 fare and is classified as a via Z1 journey irrespective
of which route you take. When did this increase take place ? I know
that Greenford - Camden Road ( via NLL/LO) used to be £1.10 back in
February.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the way to use the
S. Ruislip - Camden Rd via Shepherds Bush (LO) route and get the
system to recognise that you have not transgressed into Z1 hence
allowing one to benefit from a *zone 2-6 (£3.00) cap. Some months back
it was suggested to me to alight at White City and then walk through
Westfield Shopping Centre to Shepherd's Bush London Overground and
resume my journey from there. The alternative was to touch in at a pad
at Willesden Junction to tray to convince the system that I am not
going through Z1. However, *I have noticed today that South Ruislip /
Greenford to Willesden Junction is also a £2.20 fare ( via Z1) so this
method will not apply. My only option seems to be to stagger the main
journey into several sub-journeys as previously advised.

Perhaps this is a silly idea, but have you tried: South Ruislip -
Wembley Stadium - Wembley Park - West Hampstead - Camden Road?

That is a silly idea!