Old April 23rd 09, 08:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Those protesters again - London stopped - who can we sue?

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 23:12:08 +0100
asdf wrote:

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 00:15:35 -0700 (PDT), Offramp wrote:

Secondly, road closures are mostly performed by the police in response
to demonstrations, so sue them.

Why are they protesting in Whitehall? Why not protest outside the Sri
Lankan Embassy or, better still, go to Sri Lanka and protest outside
their own government house?

Also, isn't it still illegal to protest outside Parliament? (Not that
I agree with that law, but I'm surprised not to have seen it mentioned
at all in media reports, or in these Usenet threads. The police
certainly used to be very active in enforcing it.)

The police should have cleared the area , but they probably know that if
they tried they'd have the full force of the islington right-on brigade
plus "community leaders" wailing about racism at full volume into any media
outlet that would listen.

Personally I'd pay a few thousand sinhalese to turn up with a counter
protest , set up a popcorn stand and watch the result.

B2003