Old April 23rd 09, 04:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Railcard changes w.e.f. 17/05/09

On Apr 23, 1:38*pm, Martin Deutsch wrote:

On Apr 23, 12:57*am, Mizter T wrote:

TTBOMK the price of a Railcard-discounted Off-peak Day Travelcard has
only ever gone up in January - i.e. at the same time as the annual
price rise of Day Travelcards - though bizarrely it seems to follow
its own course somewhat, as it stayed £4.80 for at least a couple of
years, though it's now £5.00.

I bought one today from a tube station, and it was £4.90 for z1-6.
Are the ones from NR stations slightly more expensive to cover z1-9?

How very bizarre - those bought from NR stations only ever cover zones
1-6. It used to be the case that Railcard-discounted Day Travelcards
bought from LU stations had zones A-D (on the Met line) thrown in 'for
free' - these days if you want it with zones 7-9 from an LU ticket
office then it costs more (though is still Railcard discounted). I'm
not sure when this changed - perhaps in Nov '07 when London Overground
took over and zones 7-9 were introduced, perhaps it was in the fares
revision of January '08, I'm not sure.

But I am surprised by what you say. I can only think that it's a
mistake - what Railcard did you use? Not that I think it makes a
difference whatsoever - LU tickets merely have "Railcard discounted"
wording or similar printed on them as opposed to the specific type of
Railcard used.